Greatly influenced by Race Face, a company steeped in the history of designing and building mountain bike cranks, Easton introduces the cinch crank system in the ultra-light EC90 SL Crankset.
By sharing innovative technologies and working closely with its sister company Race Face, Easton brings to the table a product that aims to change the game for gearing adjustments from the everyday, backwoods gravel rider to the elite cyclocross racer facing various course conditions.
Simplicity was the most important design criteria for Easton with the new EC90 SL Crank because it believes the most straightforward solution is often times the best. With increased adaptability (the crankset works with BB86, BSA 68MM, PF30 68MM, BB30 68MM, BBRight and 386EVO bottom brackets) it doesn’t matter the drivetrain you’re currently running. Not only a lightweight option for the fast approaching ‘cross season, it’s easy to change the chain rings for steeper dirt terrain or everyday commuting. In 1X mode there are no chain ring bolts to remove in order to swap rings, simply pull the crank and slide a new ring on, then pop the crank back on and tighten down. It is much faster. Check the video below from Easton to see this in action.
Through a direct mount single ring system there is no need for a front derailleur, removing a moving part from your bike, making it lighter and simpler to wok on and ride. The cinch system makes converting between double and single chain ring setups, as well as various ring sizes, a breeze because it requires only removing the crank bolt and lock ring. Re-designed and optimized arm shapes help decrease weight and increase stiffness in this lightweight package.
To help support this very adaptable platform on bicycles with many standards, Easton is also launching its own bottom bracket line for a complete EC90 SL crankset. Look for the 1x crankset with seven different single direct mount chain ring sizes and the bottom brackets to drop in early August. The 2x crankset from Easton should land shortly thereafter in Fall 2016.
- Hollow Carbon arms made in Canada with American sourced carbon
- Cinch System w/ a road specific 30mm spindle
- Standard road 149mm Q-Factor and compatibility with every major road BB standard
- 1x chainline optimized for increasingly popular 135/142mm rear disc spacing
- Crank lengths: 170, 172.5, 175mm
- Ring configurations: 53/39, 52/36, 50/34 w/ removable spider
- Single direct mount chain rings: 38T, 40T, 42T, 44T, 46T, 48T, 50T
- Weights: 590g – 172.5mm 52/36 (w/o BB), 442g – 172.5mm 40T (w/o BB)
- Chain lines: 2×43.5mm, 2x Disc 46mm, 1x 47mm
- Q-Factor (w/ washers): 149mm
- Spindle diameter: 30mm
- BB Options: BB86, BSA 68MM, PF30 68MM, BB30 68MM, BRIGHT, 386EVO, OSBB
- Material: EC90 carbon
- Finish: Matte carbon
- 1x Crankset w/o BB – $450
- 2x Crankset w/o BB – $500
- Single direct mount rings 75 – $95
- Bottom brackets – $60