Aug 3, 2011 – Slovakian rider Peter Sagan ended a run of three successive stage wins by Marcel Kittel of Germany on Wednesday as he took the fourth stage of the Tour of Poland, a 176.9 kilometres ride from Cieszyn to Oswiecim.
The 21-year-old Slovak – winner of the Tour of Sardinia this year – also took over the overall leader’s jersey from Kittel as the talented Sagan gained a valuable boost in a race he is using as a warm-up for next month’s Tour of Spain.
Kittel had a wretched day as he came in over seven minutes behind the stage winner and slipped from top of the standings to 104th place.
1. Peter Sagan (SVK) Liquigas-Cannondale 4hr 21min 15sec
2. Daniel Martin (IRL) Team Garmin – Cervelo at 3sec
3. Marco Marcato (ITA) Vacansoleil-DCM 3
4. Paul Martens (GER) Rabobank 3
5. Fabian Wegmann (GER) Leopard-Trek
1. Peter Sagan (SVK) Liquigas-Cannondale 13hr 16min 35sec